How to Write a Thank You Note
- What kind of stationery should I use?
- How do I compose a thank you?
- Is it too late to send a thank you card?
We've talked about thank you notes hundreds of times. They are fast becoming a nearly lost art. That's too bad, because they are always appreciated. We know too many managers and professionals who keep them for years! Mark often talks about the basket under his desk full of cards, which he reads when he's having a bad day. It reminds him things are not so bad.
"Many a friendship -- long, loyal, and self-sacrificing -- rested at first upon no thicker a foundation than a kind word."
Frederick W. Faber
We consider thank you notes a part of every manager's career and management toolkit. Here's how to write them.
Additional Note: For those of you not close to a stationer or prefer the web, we recommend Crane's, Dempsey & Carroll, and Mrs. John L. Strong. Crane's is the classic American stationary provider, famous for their paper quality. Further, a quick suggestion: a higher rag or cotton content in your nicer stationery makes all the difference.
- How To Write a Thank You Note Shownotes (PDF) - MT Individual License How To Write a Thank You Note Shownotes (PDF) - MT Individual License
- How To Write a Thank You Note Shownotes (PDF) - CT Individual License How To Write a Thank You Note Shownotes (PDF) - CT Individual License
Members Only Manager Tools Individual License
Career Tools Individual License Interviewing Series
First Job Fundamentals