Career Crisis Email
- How can I help someone who has been laid off?
- What do I say to someone who has been laid off?
- When should I contact someone who has been laid off?
This cast describes your initial communications with a friend or associate whose career is at risk, for whatever reason.
We read in the Wall Street Journal this week about a bank failure in the US due to the mortgage/debt crisis the markets are facing. As it turns out, we have several Manager Tools members there, one of whom is a good friend of ours. Mark sent a quick email to this executive. When Mark mentioned to another member that he had done so, the member said, "I didn't want to intrude, so I didn't say anything." As Mark asked around some more, he discovered that others felt similarly. "Didn't want him to be embarrassed that I knew." "Didn't know what to say." "Didn't think I could help."
Well, they won't be embarrassed, here's what to say, and you CAN help. And, this cast has a nice surprise ending.
- Career Crisis Email Shownotes (PDF) - Manager Tools Premium
- Career Crisis Email Slides (PDF) - Manager Tools Premium
Manager Tools Personal License
First Job Fundamentals