This cast describes Career Tools' recommendations for what to do when you make a mistake.
This is one of those Career Tools' casts to which those of us who have had longer careers will smile ruefully, and say "I wish someone had told me that." And those at the beginning of their careers will think ... but I know this ... until what they think they know blows up in their faces. Dealing with mistakes, like many career management activities is not intuitive, and in this case, we hope to help some of you skip the "it all blowing up in your face" step.
This cast applies whatever the size of the mistake, whatever the type of mistake, whatever part of your career you're in. Dealing well with mistakes can be career enhancing, and what better than building a positive from a negative? There are six simple steps.
- Admit It Quickly and Emphatically...and Actively
- What Happened?
- What Are The Consequences?
- Who Else Needs to Know?
- How Are You Going To Fix It?
- How Are You Going To Prevent Reoccurrence?
This Cast Answers These Questions
- When should I admit my mistakes?
- How should I admit my mistakes?
- What should I do after I've made a mistake?
Other Parts of This Series
|Admitting Mistakes Shownotes||Purchase this item|