The Manager Tools Onboarding Checklist. Every task necessary to help a new hire become effective as quickly as possible.
Onboarding a new hire is ruled partially by Horstman's Christmas Rule: anything you do rarely and that's important, you're never going to get better at. Effective managers have a checklist, which changes over time. Here's our draft to get you started.
The Onboarding Spreadsheet mentioned in this cast is available to Licensees only. Purchase of the Shownotes only for this podcast will not include the spreadsheet.
This Cast Answers These Questions
- Should I use a checklist for onboarding tasks?
- What tasks do I need to include in my onboarding plan?
- How long should onboarding take?
Mentioned in This Cast
- First Meeting With A New Direct - Ask Questions
- Onboarding Chapter 1 - The Basics
- First Meeting With A New Direct - Results
- First Meeting New Direct Series - Relationships Matter
- First Meeting New Direct Series - Be Timely
- First Meeting New Direct Series - Tell The Truth
- New Direct - First Day Meeting
- The Hot Wash