The Manager Tools Onboarding Checklist. Every task necessary to help a new hire become effective as quickly as possible.
Onboarding a new hire is ruled partially by Horstman's Christmas Rule: anything you do rarely and that's important, you're never going to get better at. Effective managers have a checklist, which changes over time. Here's our draft to get you started.
The Onboarding Spreadsheet mentioned in this cast is available to Licensees only. A purchase of the shownotes for this cast will not include the spreadsheet. Find out more about becoming a Licensee.
This Cast Answers These Questions
- Should I use a checklist for onboarding tasks?
- What tasks do I need to include in my onboarding plan?
- How long should onboarding take?
Mentioned in This Cast
- First Meeting With A New Direct - Ask Questions
- Onboarding Chapter 1 - The Basics
- First Meeting With A New Direct - Results
- First Meeting New Direct Series - Relationships Matter
- First Meeting New Direct Series - Be Timely
- First Meeting New Direct Series - Tell The Truth
- New Direct - First Day Meeting
- The Hot Wash