I'm nearing the anticipated decision date for a position I interviewed for. Didn't go as well as it could have (Interview Series came out after the interview :( ). Now, I've gotten a call from a corporate recruiter in the same parent company for a different opportunity.
The recruiter indicated that it didn't mean that I didn't get the other position, just that they have multiple opportunities and the second hiring manager was also interested, and that I have a rare skill set.
My questions are....
If I pursue this next opportunity do I kill my chances for the first one?
Is there a tactful way to let the first hiring manager know that I'm still interested (and want an offer), but feel that it would behoove me to also look into the other?
I want to make calls and submit applications tomorrow, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.