I just wanted to share my management New Year's resolutions. After reading and listening to Manager-Tools for the last year I have found many items that I can improve for which I am going to make a vested effort. Although I have already started trying to learn these more, I thought that I would share them with you.
1) Schedule more one-on-ones formally: As a rule I tend to have informal one-on-ones. After seeing the improvement in my team I will try to do these more regularly.
2) Take control of my Day Planner: Make more use of my action lists (Getting It Done) and spend more time on Sundays to schedule items during the week.
3) Schedule more network lunches: I need to get out more, and network lunches are a great way to do it. My wife (the highest-I that I have ever seen) is an expert at this so I will need to take a page from her book.
4) Time Management: use Drucker's Analysis more to find more ways to address strategic objectives.
5) Provide more team training: I have been providing "pizza lunch" training for my team, and I will make an effort to do this more as it increases both morale and my team knowledge base.
I will probably find more between now and then (I have a lot of room for improvement) but I think that this is a good start.
Does anyone out there have a special list of things that they can improve on?