I just listened to the "How to Resign" podcasts and I was taking notes.
How to Resign
1. This phase takes 6 weeks. 2 weeks to prepare and give 4 weeks notice.
2. Have 6 weeks of cash available.
3. Have the other job first. Accept the offer before resigning.
4. Assume you’ll lose access the minute you tell your boss.
5. Create a Transition folder. Describes where you are and what you see happening in the next 90 days.
6. Write instructions for your absence.
7. Do reviews of each of your people.
8. Make lunch appointments with colleagues.
9. Tell no one.
1. Do not give resignation in writing. Tell you boss in private.
2. Never give resignation in anger.
3. You don’t have to answer any questions from your boss.
4. Have your Transition folder with you.
5. Tell no one when you leave your meeting with your boss.
1. Expect a counter-offer.
2. Expect disenfranchisement.
3. Professionals work hard during this period.
4. Go home at 5:00.
5. Talk to your benefits specialist.
6. Shut up during the exit interview.