I need to do an Assesment. I know that I will fail...
A few weeks ago management told me that they will be sending me to an Assesment. Reason? They want to establish my analytical abilities. At hire-time there were no mention of Assesment.
A typical Assesment lasting 8 hours consists of the following:
1. Recognition of Shape + patterns.
2. Completing Numerical sequences.
3. Summarize a 100 page operational detail report for Executive Management.
4. Behavioral situation interview.
From previous experiences I *know* I will fail (1) and (2). Its my weakness!
Possible consequences, in order of possibility:
1. My temp contract gets terminated.
2. Being reassigned to do a less intelligence required function.
I love my job, I like this environment, I of this job.. its my life, its fun, its in the heart of Gas & Electricity commodities trading!
Management said I must contact him with questions
My only obvious question is:
HOW can I avoid *NOT* doing this assesment..?
HOW can I best talk to my manager about this situation?
HOW can I otherwise proof my capabilities without getting demoted/fired?
Feedback from Management to me has always been very postive. However this could tip the scale.