Not to pile-on to the Anti- Marissa Mayer bandwagon, but how could someone rise to the CEO position without learning to trust her directs enough to delegate less-than-critical work to them. For instance, here is the Mayer-era hiring process:
- "Mayer requires teams of at least four people to interview every single new candidate.
- Then each interviewer fills out a series of forms.
- Then HR compiles each form into one master form.
- This form then goes to Mayer's office, "to sit from between six weeks to two months before she gets around to approving it. This is not [the] wait [time] for the whole process, which takes longer, naturally, it's just the Mayer-approval wait."
- Then there is more waiting.
Our source says the whole process "adds layers of bureaucracy and bulls---, which is something [Mayer] is supposedly streamlining."
She must review every new hire at a multi-national with over 14 thousand employees. People are waiting for 2 months post-interview to hear back! Seriously, that's insane!