I was promoted last week ([url]http://www.manager-tools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15147#15147[/url]
Does anyone have any advice for a successful transition?
The major new challenges that I see in my new role are as follows:
1. Working with a new boss (the company president :D )
2. Shifting my focus from tactics to strategy (although the job title change isn't official yet, I'm a vice president now :D )
3. Finding someone (or [i]someones[/i]) to do my old job.
I've done some homework already, so I'm looking for things [i]not [/i]on this list of excellent suggestions:
1. "Fit in"-- I've been a member of the team that I'm now leading for 8 years.
2. The Manager Tools trinity (O3s, feedback, coaching)-- The reason I was promoted in the first place. :) Extending and continuing these practices is a "no-brainer."
3. Read [u]The First 90 Days[/u] by Michael Watkins. Finished an hour ago. :)
Thanks for any additional advice you can offer!