* BLUF my Boss passed away suddenly and unexpectedly just as Annual Appraisals are due. How should I handle my former Peers -- new Directs -- Annual Appraisals ?
* I want to be fair --- AND I want to start our new relationship on the Right Foot.
My Boss unexpectedly passed away just as Annual Appraisal Season is due.
I have been promoted into the role.
What would you folks recommend I do with my former Peers' Appraisals ?
* My Boss was not very good at tracking Goals and Progress, so there is almost no documentation.
- Yes, I am familiar with the Appraisal system. I already had 4 Directs in my current/former role for many years.
- Yes, a few years ago I had to do the same thing when my Boss was sick, but that year, I spent time with her going over the reviews.
- Yes, I can see and review the Previous year's reviews
How can I be ---
Maintain a "new boss" foothold ? Without hurting the relationship in the first month ?
Perspectives and ideas are welcome....