Last year, four months after I started, my boss was put on probation for company infractions. He knows I was called in for the interview, and knows there were others, and has decided to retaliate against me.
First some points:
* I didn't start anything
* Didn't want his job.
* I defended him
* He doesn't know I defended him because it would require me betraying the trust of two people that did testify against him who are still working here. I have told him I defended him and he believes me for awhile then gets vindictive again. The employees warned me about this behavior when I started.
* He has gone so far as to set me up so he can write me up. Luckily it didn't work because I went to his boss and complained about the personal attacks.
* Upper management is aware but so far they have done nothing.
* If they continue to do nothing he will eventually succeed because I'm getting tired of pulling knives out of my back.
* My reports tell me my boss is telling my one report that when I'm gone he will get my job.
* I have been in this job for 18 months and he has been on my case for 14 months.
---- It gets better --------
* My wife still lives and works in Pa and I am 1200 miles away in Florida. She is concerned about my job future and feels there's no point in two people being unemployed.
* I'm thinking of going back home without a job to get out of this situation. The constant uncertainty is putting a strain on our relationship and my health. Being unemployed with no income would also be stressful.
Q: Just how stupid is it to stay? Any other advice on what to do?