The Managerial Communications podcast ([url]http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/01/managerial-communications[/url]) offers a "Communications Plan" pdf. I began my Plan, and now have the questions regarding the MT plan. While each industry will have its specific needs, I am looking at this from an IT Managerial role, supporting a production facility with numerous departments. Each department has a manager, and has specific IT project needs.
1. Corporate Events - the top row. It appears based on the legend that this row is merely a timeline for reference. Correct?
2. Staff Meetings - these would be my Staff meetings with my directs;
3. Customer Leads - does this row represent my meetings with my customers, as mentioned in "Jump Starting Internal Customer Relationships"?
4. Bi-weekly Skip - self explanatory;
5. Key Leader Status Calls - I am not sure what these "meetings" represent;
6. Management Communications - these appear to be topic specific that is time sensitive based on the calendar year
7. All Staff Comms - I am confused between this row and the prior row. What is the difference in purpose? Is this a catch-all group?
Communications [b]not [/b]listed, but may be worthy of listing, are as follows:
a. My boss' Staff meeting, where I report upwards
b. The monthly Performance meetings I attend with all of my customers' managers and higher
c. O3s - the Skip meetings are listed (row 4), but not the O3s.
Thank you in advance for any clarification and input.