Per the request of senior management at my company I have been requested to create a new new department. This department would be responsible for project management of all new production lines, project management of all line upgrades, helping business unit design lines, and modification of existing lines. All of these responsibilities are currently outsource two multiple vendors with one person doing the project management between consultants, electricians, engineers, line vendors, etc.
Where I am having difficulty with this request is writing up the proposal for the department. No one in management wants to tell me exactly how much they want me to do in-house, what they want the department to be responsible for, and what to include for data in the proposal. The first two problems will make a big difference on how I write the proposal. I was hoping that possibly some one on here may have some ideas. Below are the assumptions I made and ideas I had. I appreciate any input or idea's any one may have.
Ideas / Assumptions
- I will include proposed staffing based on doing all manufacturing engineering and automation programming. Any computer programming will remain under the control of the Information Systems group.
- I will include a yearly budge forecast for the next five years. This budget will include equipment, furniture, employee pay, and predicted training.
- I will include a department time line on all up and coming projects for the next 3 years. This will be based on known projects and assuming we get fully staffed by October.
- I will include a section with a list of the suggestions I have been given by senior management (Example: They want me to have a trainer, etc)
- I will include a detailed list of every project
- A list of all needed software and hardware
- A list of the scope of the department
- A over view on predicted savings to the company (vS. Out sourcing and cost savings of new lines)