BLUF: 90% chance I won't take job, should I continue to interview?
After my first round of interviews for a new position, unless they wow me in the second round, I'm not likely to accept an offer the company I'm talking to. I followed the MT model for interviewing and closed the second round without even thinking about it. Upon reflection there are several things I heard that give me pause and I'm happy enough where I'm at I'm not likely to jump without something more compelling.
My take: I can't turn down an offer I don't have, and there's still a chance they may sell themselves better. I should go through the process before deciding.
A friend of mine argues I'm in a fairly small industry and shouldn't have them spend the time going through second round and possibly preparing an offer that I'm not likely to take.
Should I go through the process?