I have been managing one of our department's programs while the usual manager is on a one-year leave. When the year is over, what should I include in my report?
I feel the program could be managed more actively. My colleague prefers steady state and feels she has no more time to spend on it than she's already spending.
Note, this is NOT in a business environment, it is an academic program in a university.
My ideas so far:
- number and names of courses and instructors
- number of students
- student performance numbers
- time usage (mine & my temp's)
- income & expenses
- changes I've made to procedures and key documents
- comments and recommendations
- my colleague does not normally write a report on the program
- I have not been asked to produce a report
- I don't want to look like I'm trying to show up my colleague
- I want the program to improve
Thanks for your ideas everyone!