If you're not participating in the forums, you're missing out. Why? Here's what works for me.
1. Exposure to management issues.
Sure, I have enough issues of my own, but I'm very close to them. I have more objectivity on issues here because I'm not so close to them.
2. Exposure to management issues.
Practice. Practice. Practice.
3. Exposure to management issues.
I get to see a breadth of issues that my small business doesn't have.
4. Exposure of management issues.
I can get help when I'm stuck.
5. Exposure to management approaches.
I get to see how other managers approach an issue differently than I do.
6. Exposure to management critique.
My approach gets commented on by other managers, as well as M&M. Where else can you get that kind of feedback?
So, if you're not participating, you're really missing out.