Does work experience in small Tech startup count towards 'real' experience?
My contract is about to expire. I want to switch to a job more aligned to my Tech start-up.
I am am singlehandedly bootstrapping my startup in the basement (consumer electronics product). No glamorous business angels funding.
My job as contractor is IT Functional Support handling support issues, resolving XML processes, deployments, functional testing etc etc in a SCRUM team.
In the basement..
* I'm a Lean Startup designing, building, prototyping and testing on consumers.
* I'm using SCRUM sprints of 4 weeks.
* Blogging about progress, making howto vids on youtube.
* My prototypes are partly made in China, then assembled at home and tested.
* I'm developing the frontend app.
* I'm using offshored devs from sites as fiverr.com.
The product is at least 6 months away from being sellable-user-friendly. Though, my testgroup asked to buy.. even in its current Alfa-state.
Above things are NOTHING related to my professional career. I'd like to temp job more aligned to my real job. Such as.. SCRUM Master job at a internet marketing company.
1. Will you hire me?
2. At the moment i list "in the basement" as a hobby, down below in my CV. Does it count?
3. I'm applying fir SCRUM Master. Will you hire me? If not, why not?
4.Any other tips, or doubts?