I have an interview on Friday with a company that is based in my current city, let's say Los Angeles.
A recruiter has put me forward to the company and they are meeting me with a panel interview. I really want the position, however, my circumstances have changed since the recruiter's initial interest in me.
I want to do the job, but I want to do it in a city that is a one hour plane ride away, lets say San Francisco, where the company also has an office, although it is secondary in size to the one in LA. As far as I know, the role is based in LA. How do I ask for negotiation on location? Do I mention this at the interview, or wait until I am given an offer?
I'm really struggling with the ethical and honest way to let them know, that I DO want the job, but really prefer to do it in the other city (so we can move closer to family with health issues). My husband thinks I should ask at the interview, and I tend to think it would knock me out of considerationand probably piss off the recruiter, so I feel like I'd be better off waiting until I have an offer. What do you brilliant people think? The location preference podcast was helpful, but of course, didn't directly answer this particularity. Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
Thank you Samaui