Forums

This is a forum for attendees and speakers, as well as Manager Tools followers who are interested in discussing and learning more about the M Conference 2020! I will be visiting the forums on a regular basis to answer your questions, provide assistance and collect your thoughts and ideas. Remember that this event was created to serve YOU, our audience, so comment at will! I look forward to hearing you all contribute!

jnuttall's picture

Who is interested in M Conference Day 3 this year?  Preliminary plans are to play Thursday morning, August 20th, 10 minutes from the conference hotel at The Glen Club.  The Glen Club is a top 100 Fazio designed course on the grounds of the old Glenview Naval Air Station.  Greens fees will be $165.  I will make reservations once I gauge interest.  Open to other suggestions... Monday vs Thursday, or a different course.  Last year we had an incredible time at TPC Las Colinas.  Let's extend this M Conference tradition and get at least a 2nd foursome involved this year.  We'll start early so we can enjoy lunch together after the round before anyone has to head out.  We'll be just 20 minutes from O'Hare, so we should be able to enjoy our round and still get home Thursday evening. 

jnuttall's picture

By the way, they may not remember, but Sarah and Maggie both committed to playing this year, so our second foursome is already halfway done.

ssentes's picture

That sounds kind of made-up John, are you sure I did that? If so, I never go back on my word, so sign me up! Don't let me take the spot of someone who's actually GOOD at golf, but I'm more than happy to stick around and play a round :)

jnuttall's picture

:-) Awesome!

quietlife4me's picture

I'm in for golf.

Sarah and I should probably be in the same cart though so we arn't annoying everyone else with our 20 over par scores.

I'm also a Chicago local so if anyone has logistics or tourism questions I can help.

jnuttall's picture

Fantastic! You're in. Post your contact info or send it to me via email and I'll start the list. I'll go ahead and reserve two foursomes now for around 0830. Here's mine:
John Nuttall
[email protected]
m 404-372-3212

mark_thomas's picture

As a new attendee and long time Manager Tools subscriber,  I just wanted to introduce myself and post my bio per request.  I am really looking forward to the conference!

---------------------------------------------

Recently (April 2020) promoted to CIO at eviCore healthcare, Mark is responsible for oversight of all areas of technology for eviCore, including product-related software development, infrastructure, analytics engineering and call center operations. eviCore healthcare is the leading provider of diversified medical benefits management solutions that help clients reduce costs while increasing quality of care. Mark has spent the past 9 years at eviCore with multiple leadership roles in technology including application development teams, enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and program management. Beyond being eviCore's CIO, Mark also lead's eviCore's Agile Transformation Team (a cross functional team of leaders across eviCore responsible for driving enterprise agility). Before eviCore Mark worked in the defense industry for 12 years in various leadership roles working with several agencies across the government and a variety of technologies including National Missile Defense, Remote Sniper Detection and Perimeter Security Robots.

Mark and his wife Kelly (both graduates of Auburn University) and their 14 year old son live in Bluffton, SC and enjoy the outdoor low country lifestyle.  Mark is an avid outdoorsman, sports fan and tennis player. Mark also spends time supporting the community through organizations like the Auburn Alumni Association and the National Wild Turkey Federation.

www.linkedin.com/in/markhthomas14

ssentes's picture

Thanks for sharing your bio, Mark, it's great to meet you! And congrats on the promotion, these are some interesting times to be leading and, I'd think, even more so in a company providing healthcare solutions to it's customers. We look forward to hosting you at this year's event, and if there is anything we can do to help in the meantime, you know how to find us.

Sarah

jnuttall's picture

Welcome Mark... have played many rounds of golf in Bluffton at Sun City.  Love that area.

contemplation101's picture

Very excited to attend M Conference 2020! Here's a bio for the record.

---

Mark Bentsen is the Manager of Quality Assurance at ARGO Data, a software development company providing mission-critical and analytical solutions for financial services and healthcare. He leads a team of 18 engineers and three managers. Mark’s org delivers products for fraud, teller payments, consumer lending, sales & service in banking, patient entity matching, patient care, and others. ARGO products use analytic driven technologies with a decision based engine. Certain products are currently transforming to a machine learning model.

In 2003, Mark started at FedEx where he spent a decade in a variety of roles of increasing responsibility including his first management role. During this period he discovered netcasts. This included Manager Tools’ first episode the week it was published. Mark is a 13 year+ MT member. He attended three MT conferences and, over time, sent all the managers in his org.

In 2015, he became part the Advanced Research Center for Software Testing and Quality Assurance at the University of Texas in Dallas (UTD). Mark presents on QA leadership, KPIs, and root cause analysis in local, national, and international software conferences. Mark is a PMP & CTAL (Full) from ISTQB.

Mark & his wife Melissa are the two time, past President Couple of ‘Better Marriages Texas’ and have been active in Marriage Enrichment since they said “I do” in 2001. Prior to working in technology, he worked in YWAM & Mercy Ships in Switzerland and Namibia. He lives in Dallas with his wife and two boys’ ages 12 and 16.

ssentes's picture

In my experience you can never have too many Mark's, so welcome to the group! We've done quite a bit of work with your group it looks like, that's awesome, we look forward to connecting you with the network now.

Sarah

ivan.balasko's picture

Dear MT-friends,
as probably everybody else here I am excited to attend the M-Conference. 

I think I started to listen to the Manager Tools podcast 13 or 14 years ago and enjoyed an Effective Manger Conference in Frankfurt some years ago, which so far was the best training I ever attended.

Together with my wife Linyú and our son Aiden (7 years) I live close to Munich in Germany.
Yep, no Oktoberfest this year.

Professionally:
More than 20 years in consulting, the last 12 of them in Executive Search. At aims (we are a global Executive Search firm with 90 offices in roughly 50 countries) I am in charge of our global industry practice "Media and Technology". Leading this group of senior executive search consultants (who are dispersed over the globe) and not being their formal boss is one of my most interesting challenges currently.

My academic background is in business administration which I studied in Augsburg, Germany and Kansas City, Missouri.
(And since Superbowl LIV I annoy people in my office by wearing red Chiefs hoodies when having no client or candidate meetings)

I really am sorry, but I do not play golf (yet).
But maybe there is someone who would like to join me for a run in the morning?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivan-balasko-b975068/

ssentes's picture

Thanks for sharing your bio with us all, it's great to be able to connect with one another! I am also a runner so you can definitely count me in for a morning run before the event, I'm sure there will be a few of us! The hotel is surrounded by parks and nature preserves, it's quite a good location for the outdoor running crowd: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Renaissance+Chicago+Glenview+Suites+Hotel/@42.077925,-87.8683237,15.69z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x880fb9de94b24667:0xbcc1aa7b0df4be03!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d42.079686!4d-87.865255.

Sarah

ynchaustisf's picture

This is my first time attending a Manager-Tools conference.  Looking forward to hearing the speakers and acquiring new tools to use as I move forward.  Here is a little bit about me:

Susan Ynchausti has dedicated much of her life and career to family and community. As a mother of four, she raised her children while volunteering at non-profit organizations and caring for aging extended family members. She is a recent graduate from the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business with a Bachelor of Science in Management. Susan has led small teams and large organizations to educate and build capabilities in their leadership and general constituency. She has demonstrated the advantages of managing with careful budget practices. Her genuine care for the people around her and her positive approach causes others to enjoy her company.

ynchaustira's picture

I am expecting the M Conference to be one of the highlights of this year. I feel quite blessed to attend and am very lucky in general. I have a great family and a challenging career. A couple of career highlights are noted in this short synopsis:

Randy Ynchausti is a software engineer, leader, and architect with over 25 years of professional experience in family history and genealogy, real-time process optimization and control using artificial intelligence, business-to-business integration in the consumer industry, and world-wide shipping and container value chain realization. A theme of Randy’s experience is large-scale, web-based systems that involve big data where availability, scalability, and performance are always concerns, Randy has completed high-value projects on six of the seven continents of the World. When he is not with family or working on an enterprise system, you might find him driving a fast car or playing a loud guitar.

rmhoerle's picture

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.   I've been a Manager Tools aficianado for well over a decade and have relied on the MT guidance even more over the last year since moving into a new role and dealing with the pandemic.    This will be my first public Manager Tools conference and I couldn't be more excited.   I've inserted my more formal bio below.

Rhonda Hoerle has been serving as the President of Decatur Mold, Tool, and Engineering since February of 2019.   Building upon her long career in sales leadership at Thermo Fisher Scientific, she brings her passion for nurturing talent to this maker of plastic injection molds founded by her father in 1966.   Rhonda and her family are committed to ensuring that they are providing the opportunity for good careers in this small, rural town.    Rhonda’s talents include professional selling skills, customer relationship management, streamlining processes, and building effective teams.

Rhonda graduated from Purdue University and splits her time between southern Indiana and Chicago.  Outside of work, she enjoys exploring the Chicago culinary scene – especially with her son, Mitch, who is a chef.   In Indiana, Rhonda can be found exploring the local walking trails when not at work.    Her favorite way to indulge her travel bug is by catching up with her daughter, Paige, who currently lives in Erlangen, Germany.    

bpaz's picture

Hello everyone, I'm looking forward to the conference!  The requested bio is below as a brief introduction.

Brian Pasbrig serves as the CEO & General Manager of Show Me Ethanol, an ethanol production facility located in Carrollton, Missouri. Brian began his grain processing career in York, Nebraska in 1994, and has demonstrated expertise in operations, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental and business management.  Throughout Brian’s 26-year ethanol career, his work experiences have taken him to facilities both young and old across the United States and Europe. 

Brian holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.  He and his wife of 27 years currently reside in Liberty, Missouri, where they enjoy soccer and travelling, primarily to visit their three adult daughters.