I'm working on my self-appraisal for work and caught myself writing "we did X" when trying to represent my team's accomplishments. I realized that this is foolish. I'm being asked to evaluate what "I" did. Not what "we" did. I redid the "goal performance" section to describe things I did that influecned my department's success.
- I set goals.
- I provided feedback.
- I coached.
- I found relevant training.
- I identified areas for process improvement.
- I reviewed work for quality.
- I made a communications plan.
- I negotiated timelines with other groups.
- I assigned responsibilities and set / communicated priorities.
I think this is a much better way of representing my self-appraisal because it gives the most accurate picture of what I did, not what the department did. Food for thought if you're finding yourself writing "we did X".