I've recently reentered the job market and have utilized a lot of the techniques discussed around Manager tools (Resume format, Leveraging my network, etc). All of which seems to be working reasonably well albeit slower than I would like.
I have recently had a phone and two face-to-face interviews (with different people) with a company that I am very excited about working for. I am working with a recruiter on the position and the only feedback they've given me is that they loved my qualifications but were concerned if I would be a fit for the organization.
I'm not wholly surprised by this as the second interview I had was with the decision makers and I was not on my "A" game for sure and believe I could have had a much better showing.
I have done the hand written Thank You notes, etc. and have been told they have one more candidate they want to meet with this week before making a decision.
So here is the question: Should I persist and perhaps call the hiring manager or decision makers to reinforce my interest in the position, or sit tight and patiently wait?
Pins and Needles