I'm interviewing for a promotion in a different organization in 2 weeks. I know it requires travel and I'm not adverse to some travel. But it will require travel in the world to very risky destinations. And it may require frequent travel across the globe. I'm not adverse to some travel, but too much doesn't work for my family situation, and to these risky parts of the world concerns me. If after the interview when I learn more, if I decide this is definitely not for me, do I call the hiring manager and HR person and say I want to take myself out of the running? Or do I wait for an offer (if it comes) and then decline? Thoughts?