Submitted by ashdenver on
I'm usually a pretty decent writer, especially when it's a topic such as "talking about someone I know and have worked with for a period of time." Every once in a while, though, I find myself stumped and I stare blankly at the screen trying to come up with something to start writing in the box for the Core Value (or performance metric.) I'm guessing a few of you have faced that as well. If you also resorted to Google to come up with sample verbiage to use on performance appraisals, were you as mortified as I was by what you encountered? Here are some excerpts to hopefully bring a smile to your face:
- When the pressure is on and there is choice to blink or not, Jack too frequently blinks.
- Jennifer is an asset in many ways but her attitude needs to be kept in check.
- One of Jim's strengths is his use of candor and effective communication with his employees.
- When the pressure is on and there is a choice to blink or not, Jack too frequently blinks.
- Lyle manages a tough schedule with his staff, yet always maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Brian should communicate project status updates more frequently.
- Frank promotes a team-centered environment.
- Kyle refuses to share crucial information with co-workers for fear he will be marginalized.
- When we’re in crisis mode, we know we can turn to Jenny to craft a viable and inventive solution.
- Tim isn’t willing to take risks on creative ideas.
- Phil skillfully overcomes client objections.
- Ben is such a quality worker, but unfortunately his punctuality is abysmal. This one area is dragging down Ben’s review and must be improved.
- Teri can handle the run of the mill customer service situation, but the more complex issues seem to cause her to freeze and not react.
- Ida does not produce as consistent results as her coworkers do.
- George does not work well with others.
- Tom is a decent task manager, but falls short when it comes to setting a vision.
Is it just me or do each and every one of these examples violate the MT concepts of feedback?